Replacing bulbs in headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillip Clark

Reaction score
I'm replacing the bulbs in the headlights in my ST, and the clips that you are suppose to just pull up and pull the headlamp out aren't coming up. I can get the ones on the inside of them up, but the outside ones I can't even budge, I had another guy try and had the same success, or lack there of, is there any trick to getting those up?

I was able to get a set of pliers on them and wiggle them back and forth. They slowly came up while doing the wiggling..

I have also done it without removing the clips. It is tight, but may be how you need to do it if the clips don't come up.

I did it from the back side before I knew there was clips...

I took a small pry bar with a 90% bend on one end and put a rag to cushion it aginst the edge of the cross bar next to the clip and bumped the long end of the bar and the clip poped right up.

I just hit them with a little WD-40 where the stud from the headlight enclosure passes through the clip. Just enough to loosen the clips and not make a mess.

Latest posts