Replacing the Grill and lower front bumper

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnPenny Peluso

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
Reaction score
On an 07, anyone want to direct me on what I will be up against when changing out my grill and lower front bumper? :eek:

I am also interested in replacing my 07 ST nostrils with an 07 explorer limited grille.

I like what Dingo did with his ST Limited grille. Nice!!!!

:cool: :cool:

Well, thats done.

In case anyone was interested... Gen 2.

The head lamps come out, the 2 plastic plugs on top of the grill & face panel comes out, as well as the 5 or 6 screws on the top of the grill to the radiator support.

There are 4 plastic plugs in grill, located lower, pointed up, they come out.

The lower air dam, held by two screws, and snap to bottom of bumper.

Plastic plugs on lower bumper to inter fender. Just as well pull the small inter fender out while your are there, the 3 screws on each inner fender, and 2 plastic plugs will do this. Your almost there.:cool:

From the underside, there are 10mm screws going forward around the driving lamp pocket, and two more from the head lamp openings pointing back.

Now, the tricky part that I wish someone would have told me about...:wacko: The whole front panel is now held by a unique clip on each fender. From the headlamp hole, you will see two tits sticking out on each fender. You need to use some tool of your choice that will push a tab in on the fender side of each tit. The forward one is the easiest, and the back one will come free with a little downward force of the bumper while pushing the tab in. It's a lot of fun.:rolleyes: When the last side comes free, don't let it land on your feet. It should rest on the top of the radiator mount until your ready.

It's not to heavy, one person can do it. You are now holding the bumper, front face, and grill. Mine doesnt have the driving light option, but it is all coming out as a unit.

For those of you who are thinking about taking out your grill and painting it, I have my doubts. The tabs securing it will likely have to be broken off to remove the grill from the assembly :angry:

Just like Dingo's pix, it looks like a bomb went off. It took me a couple of hours to figure how to take it apart, and about 45 minutes to put it back together with a new bumper and grill.

Special thanks to whoever it was that back into my trac for this experance!

Latest posts