Requesting suggestions on replacement vehicle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was assuming that since she has student loan debt, that she is neither a teen or a new driver. Also the fact that she would even consider a minivan shows more maturity.

She is 20 and this is her first accident. She was on the interstate, at night, and avoided the deer as best she could. She is a good driver, this is just a bad situation. She will have $2250 to work with, and thats it. My wife and I just had to have the foundation on the house repaired, and are strapped for cash ourselves. Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming. (I have her reading this too)

On a side note, what do you think about the insurance company picking up the car, and having her MAIL the title to them, and THEN they will send her a check. Personally I think that is BS, and I plan to tell them that tomorrow. She is DONE with AAA insurance, and I think my wife and I are also. Been with them for over 15 years, but this is a STUPID way to handle claims.

" what do you think about the insurance company picking up the car, and having her MAIL the title to them, and THEN they will send her a check"

i know with many insurance carriers that this is the norm. from all my experience you will receive payment per your settlement.

Get her another Taurus, they are inexpensive and very plentiful. I have owned 3 of them. That or another Sable.

Have a good one

Bob

Update.. We opted to take the buy back. (They pay her $1709 and we keep the Vehicle) I am paying her the difference ($541) and will repair the Taurus over the next few months. She is now thinking she wants a truck/SUV. Looking at mid 90's explorer sport, and or F150's now. Blazer and Durango are possibilities for her too I think. Will take pics of Taurus damage later. Dave

Last edited by a moderator: