Resonator question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh OH

Reaction score
Just have a quick one this time..

Just got the parts for the Areo-Turbine exhaust muffler along with a chrome areo exhaust tip. But I haven't installed them yet, going to have that done on Saturday.

My question(s) is this, should I get the stock resonator taken off when I have it installed? And if I do, how much of a change will it be? Would it effect the preformance if I don't?

I want to get a louder sound with more a$$ to it for the system, but I don't want it to get me at ticket either... Anybody able to help?

Thanks,

~Josh

(And I'll DEFINATELY post pics when I get the parts on the truck, if you want to see the parts before install, check out my library)

No prob. I bought the AT2525 muffler and the ST 2535 exhuast tip. Total price was $257 for the parts and that included tax and FREE shipping! I got the parts the VERY next day by UPS ground delivery. Also antoher $100 for the professional install from Midas (because I don't want to void my warranty or screw it up.) with my appnt on Saturday.

I have the Flowmaster 40 with dual outlets and man I just love it... Take that resonator out. At first it seemed loud, but now that ive had it for a while, I wouldnt have it any different.

The resonator is straight through no restriction...try it at the shop before you leave...if it is to queit for you, have them to take it out....