rev limiter comment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Gibson

Reaction score
That 2500rpm-when-not-in-gear rev limiter always puzzled me, is there really that much harm in a rev limiter at a slightly higher level? My truck doesn't sound good until about 3100, I can't even show off my magnaflow :(.

In my old 2.3 ranger, mashing the pedal between35 and 60 mph made it downshift and race up to somewhere near 5500, but if you let off after the shift it would coast down to normal rpms in perfect showing-off fashion (even if there's nothing to show off) and in the process sounded really good, even through stock exhaust (only extra noise was from intake mod) even a few of my friends were jealous of the sound (one drove an old turbo celica, so it mustve sounded pretty decent outside, I know it did from inside)

I love having the 4.0 sohc in my ST, its nice to actually have some power now, but there are times I wish I still had my baby ranger with that 2.3 liter duratec...

Anyway, let me end my rant by asking if anyone has ever modified the rev limiter, can it be done with a flasher? Id love to move mine, just to say, 3500rpm so I could show off a little bit more in parking lots and such without having to set up for a burnout. Haha

+ 1 above.

To add, yes a flasher will do all that plus give you more power and better driveability.

Todd Z

The XCAL from SCT that we are always talking about..

Todd Z

Todd Z.. I must have missed all the talk.. can you please splain more about the Xcal from SCT to us less informed one..

Thanks!

Brian B

Meanwhile.... I am going to do a google search on my own. :)

:banghead:

Give this a shot....

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/content/view/38/

OR

http://www.sctflash.com/

Todd Z

is this thread a joke? You really want to make your engine rev higher so can drive through parking lots revving the motor??????:throwup: