Reverse lights going crazy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Coombs

Reaction score
Hi all my mom has a 03 Expedition that had a remote installed in it last year at a ford dealership. It was working great untill last week while driving down the road her back up lights started staying on , flickering and just going crazy somebody pulled up next to her at a light to tell her. Took it to the dealer, not the one that installed it, and they had it for 3 days when they told her they think it is the remote start but could not help her. Was going to take it where we had it installed but they are owned by the same person. We don't know what to do, it seems it has also has effected the power window that will only go up 3/4 of the way. Don't see how the remote start could cause it but that is what the dealer said but yet they could not help get it fixed go figure....

If anybody has ideas or have run in to this problem before thanks for your replys!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally the remote start has nothing to do with the back up lights, Unless they are using them as the parking lot finder feature... Could just be the neutral safety switch on the tranny going bad, or some wiring in the steering colum....

Todd Z

if the remote was installed at a Ford dealership and it is a Ford part.....any Ford dealership should have to fix it under warranty........no matter what dealership installed it.

That is if the problem is the remote, lol and it is still under warranty, lol:blink:

I don't believe that this has anything to do with the remote start. And I don't think that your power window situation has anything to do with the flashing lights or the remote start. I just believe that it's a coincidence that these two things began to act up at the same time.