Road Condition

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentheREALone Z

Reaction score
I'm in Chicago/Northern Indiana on business. Man, the roads really suck here. The condition of the pavement is absolutely terrible. I guess the Winters have been tough and the budgets limited.

Guess I've been down south too long ....

According to Obama our 18.4 cents in federal gas tax is supposed to pay for all roads.

Not just interstates either, the reason that the drinking age went up is because the federal govt said it would withhold federal fundage for roads unless the states increased the age to 21.

Our federal road budget, and the state road budget, obviously isn't going to maintaining the roads...maybe maintaining them at their current condition of atrocity...but certainly not anywhere near the level of freshly paved, as they should.

Kevim L...Obama...roads...18 cent tax...roads...

Hahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not just interstates either, the reason that the drinking age went up is because the federal govt said it would withhold federal fundage for roads unless the states increased the age to 21.

Same threat used for country-wide seatbelt laws, also.

Ken,

My folks live in South Bend/ Northern IN area...I wholeheartedly agree!

We live in Atlanta, and don't think about roads. Every summer when we go up there, we're amazed at how bad they are...bad on the shocks, jar your teeth bad!

John D

Latest posts