ROLL CALL: 100,000 miles and over!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
How many SportTrac'ers have over 100,000 miles? What are/were your major repairs and how much did they cost you?

Also, what suggestions / secrets would you have for making our Tracs last?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be an awesome thread.

I should be hitting 100,000 miles in about 18 months. The I will have another 5 years to turn it over again.

Tom

106,500 miles and counting. Aside from exessive modding, the only repairs made were to the drivers door lock actuator mounting rivet, driver's door handle tension spring, and I replaced a DPFE sensor.

Q,

A real man takes it off list. Since you don't include a real email address, it is up to you to show what man is. My email address is in my profile. You man enough?

Tom

Ah my turn.... lol :unsure: 106,100 and prolly too many problems to remember them all. Okay ill try- since new- 2 tie rods, 4 ball joints, 4 brake jobs, 4 sets of tires, 4 front wheel bearings, 2 shock jobs, 4wd module, 4wd wiring, dash lights out at 20k, overhead console dont work, somehwat of 2/3 flare, cannot get aligned so that steering wheel is straight-after 6 tries!!, AC tank leak..

Current problems-no tie down hooks-empty spaces where the bolts broke off, no temp/compass on overhead console, steering wheel is turned halfway left when driving straight, light surface rust in many spots...

Prolly some more that i just cant think of now...

i possibly have the worst shape trac here...:(

Andy

Andy, Do you want me to rent a tow dolly before we meet up for the drive to Louisville??.:(

Q, May want to watch the comments, Other members have been banned from the site for the same kind of stuff..

Gavin, Just do the routine maintenance Before the recommended intervals, Keep filters up to date, and on time Fluid services... Including P/S and Brake fluid.

Todd Z

Not 100k yet - but 95k. I should hit the 100k mark within a few months. :) Owned since April of 2001.

Major repair - transmission valve body redone - $520. Also had a couple of fuel injectors replaced. Other than general maintenance, that's about it.

Im at 100,000km almost ;)

Major Repairs: Tranny Rebuild ($2000.00)

Changed DPFE Sensor, and ummm hrmm.... I think thats it.

So other than a common problem, Ive had no problems with my ST, and I drive it pretty hard... its done me good!

OH -- Changed Front Ball Joints recently.

Thats it!

95,000 and counting on our 2003. Daily miles have dropped drastically with gas prices. We now use my GMC for a lot of local driving (gas is paid for).

What has been changed?

IAC at 35,700 under warranty.

Front brake pads at approx. 40k and 80k.

Front wheel bearings, not really needed.

Rear brake pads at about 50k.

Oil and filter, many times.

Air filter.

Added drain plug to trans. pan to allow for partial changes every other oil change.

Glued headlight and turn signal back together after almost missing a deer.

CHMSL bulb, out again, all other factory bulbs still ok.

Still runs great, no problems

Q you have posted 2 times now also, Great now your making me post twice...

All I am saying is that others have been banned, Just a friendly warning..I am not a moderator in any way, nor do I want to be one, take it how you want.

Todd Z

120,765 on my 2001 ST!

Replaced tranny at 116,976 with a "newsed" one from an 02 ST with 15,000K.

Tranny ($650, & install by Ford dealer $450) (on the cut at A FORD DEALERSHIP!)

:):rolleyes:;):angry::wacko::cool:

135,000 mi.

Repairs: Ball joints, transfer case motor.

Suggestions: Change fluids and brake pads and shoes, lube stuff, check for leaks and fix.

Larry, how hard was it to replace the driver's door handle tension spring. I think I have the same problem, the handle lifts almost all the way up before engaging the release mechanism.

:cool:

Latest posts