ROLL CALL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudged Undies

Reaction score
Well, Dallas is finally a go, so it's time to see who is committed or trying to be. List the distance your driving as it may encourage others that have think it's too far.

I'll be there after a roughly 1400 mile drive.

<font color= red size = 3> Edit: I suppose an arrival date would also be a good to list. I'll be making something of a vacation out of it so i'll probably be there monday or early tuesday of that week.</font>

<font color= green size = 3>

Edit #2: In case anyone hasn't seen the Dallas update, and as per dreman below here's the <a href="http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=720312&REPLYCOUNT=21&sitename=mysporttrac"target=top>LINKEY</a>

</font>

</a>

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try - My Outlaws arrive from England on 27 Sep so I may have a hard time talking my spousal unit and the Dragon into it.

Only ~250 miles for me from San Antonio.

grump

I'll start working on the wife now. Shouldn't be any problem to drive up for the weekend, since we are only four hours away and we have family there anyway. And the short guy doesn't care where we go as long as they have chicken nuggets!

My husband and I will be there. I went to Rand Mcnally and figured it to be right at a 900 mile drive one way for us. Looks like we will be heading out early Thursday morning, so we can get there early enough to clean the ST back up. I'm going to start searching for a hotel today, as I hate last minute plans. I hope some body that lives in that area will chime in and give us a list of nice hotels in that area to get a group rate at in the next week. :D -Heather

What does anyone know about Mesquite, TX? According to Orbitz.com it's about 15 miles out from downtown Dalllas. I found a Comfort Inn, Days Inn and La Quita Inn, and for around $60-70/night with pools and allows pets. I have never been to Texas, and don't want to be in a high crime area. Here's a link. -Heather

Planning on being there. Around 250 mi for me. Mesquite used to be a small country town but is now just another Dallas suburb.

its 1490 miles from diego! yikes! really dont want to commit until its a POSITIVE thing with reservations made etc, but if we can make it, it would be great to roadie out there with some people. Would be myself, my wife and our little girl so we would have to stop every 4 hrs or so. If anyone is going from ca. and is willing to take their time and "family road trip time" out there, please let us know. We should be able to make the decision in the next month. thanks,

Ted

Spaceman,

Who confirmed that the Dallas National meet was a go? I have not been able to find any posting by Rich Stern, nothing on the Events board or the Home page. If Ford had confirmed this with Rich Stern, I would think any posting by him would be a pretty hot topic!

...Rich

I'll be there.

Distance to travel: 25 miles

Heather in K. C. - Mesquite is good place. I've been over there a few times and really like it. Mesquite has an indoor rodeo every Friday and Saturday night in the spring, summer and fall; an old mall; lots of restaurants around the old mall, and easy access to I-30 (to take you to Fair Park).

The Texas State Fair is a really a day of fun with all of the stuff they offer, even if you never get to the midway. Along with the auto show (in two and half buildings), there is an antique car display, there are three to four museums you can browse for free, (usually) a horse show in the colesium, and a special display in the Hall of State. The animals barns are also available for a walk through. Also, there is the life size butter sculpture. One year it was of a boy, his dog and cat sitting on a log. Very life like and large. Budwieser brings in a set of their Clydesdales and there is a bird show as well. Right on the fair grounds is a restaurant (by Big Tex) that serves good food in an air conditioned environment. Of course, you can also buy a fried twinkie, hot dogs and cokes from the usual fair vendors. As sun sets, there will be a parade that runs through Fair Park and around 3 different stages for concerts. When you go, be sure to park inside the fair grounds. They have security, with lighting, there and you won't be blocked in those remote parking lots.

Hope that helps

Alan

I was also thinking of staying in Mesquite it's not far from my exit to get to Houston :)

However, once I hit FT Worth/Dallas I may be too tired to drive across town. I think pretty much anywhere in the Greater Dallas area are good locations, it's a pretty easy city to get around. Would be nice to stay close by as a group, even if it's in small groups this way we have and ST buddy to Trac with to the Meet.

I put in to take a half day off on the 29th so I can leave ealier from Kingman, AZ. 1128 mls or so for me. Should be there Early early Sept 30. Probably take me 16 hrs been there done that! :) NV, CA, Northern AZ and Northern NM folks maybe we can coordinate if you want to Trac to Texas together.

I really want to go, but I am not sure if I want to do the drive.

I am coming from New Jersey, and would like to know if there are others coming from this area. it is roughly 1610 miles and will take about 25 hours to get there.

Ly is from RI but don't think she is coming to Tejas for this meet. I tried to get her to come to the AZ meet. Steve if you want to fly into Dallas I am sure one of us members can pick you up. I'm coming from AZ but driving. Hoping to leave now on the 29th of Sept. Should be in Dallas sometime on The 30th. Keep checking the thread

Check out Expedia.com They seem to have rates from 250 down to 33.00. Several in the 42 to 60.00 in the 3 to 4 stars ratings. *if you care about that* :)

Latest posts