roof lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah snow! Getting close to that time again! Maybe we wont shut down the city this year and it wont take me 4 hours to go 21 miles! gotta love public transit, especially the articulated buses!

thats nice whelen 8 head bar?

Yep. With Califronia option (single steady-burn red lamp to the front and a pair of amber flashers to the rear). Magnetic. I only used it during nasty weather or on weekends when the traffic was a pisser. Otherwise, I used to run cleantop. Four years ago, I retired from EMS as an assistant chief after 27 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought a set of clearance lights but chose not to install them. the trac might be just a little too small however.

if you guys are looking for light bars i highly suggest strobesnmore.com. great service, fast shipping. lowest prices i can find. it is also run by fellow FF/EMT's. i buy all my stuff through them.

Regarding clearance lights, I recently saw a Chevy Colorado with five cab-mounted clearance lights. Goofiest gawdamned thing I ever saw. Like the guy is ever going to have a camper or other wide thing that requirements them.

Unnecessary holes in the cab roof is just asking for trouble. After years of installing them on ambulance roofs (I was an electrician at an ambulance factory), I know that eventually they'll leak on half of the vehicles.

Mike-CT, can you EMT/Fire guys run red/blue lights? If you can, I have a killer deal for someone on a NEW full featured LED lightbar. It's red on one side, blue on the other. Like the one in the link.

Latest posts