Roof Rack Cross Bars

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nunn

Reaction score
2008 Sport Trac XLT with roof bars, but no cross bars. I want to carry a canoe or kayak with one end on the roof rack and the other on a receiver hitch rack. I need cross bars for the roof rack. Where to get them? Best brand to buy? Thanks!

OEM from a junk yard or ebay.... regular 06-10 4 door explorer fit too....

on the high dollar side, Yakima Timberline will be excellent but expect to pay $400-600.. TimberLine System – Yakima

I'm a cheap bastard and have ebay generics for $40, five years on them now and many canoe miles, so far so good.
Once had a problem in high crosswinds that the bar was slipping inside its mounts as the winds blew the canoes sideways, had to stop a couple of times to readjust.
Looks like the price has doubled in those five years, they're $100 now,
Roof Rack Cross Bars Luggage Carrier Chrome For Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2001-20 | eBay

2008 Sport Trac XLT with roof bars, but no cross bars. I want to carry a canoe or kayak with one end on the roof rack and the other on a receiver hitch rack. I need cross bars for the roof rack. Where to get them? Best brand to buy? Thanks!
I have two that I got new , I took them because of wind noise. I will let you have them for $ 100. Plus shipping