Rotor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS KOPEC

Reaction score
Hey, just order the Power Slot rotors that was talked about from Autoanything.com and was wondering if there is anything else I need or need to do before I replaced them? Thanks again for the help! I love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub:

And one more ???, Does anyone know the part # for the EBC Green Stuff pads for the '01? Thankz again

Last edited by a moderator:
If you own a 4X2 you will need new front wheel bearing, wheel bearing races, and a new seal for each front rotor. You will also need some good quality wheel bearing grease and some rubber/nitril gloves since packing the wheel bearings is rather messy:D

good luck,

...Rich

Your going to spend about $45 for the 4 bearings @ advance auto (I think 10.88 x2 & 9.88 x2). Grease isn't much and I was able to reuse the inner seal on both rotors.

I recommend changing the seals while you're in the area. The rubber does wear. You could consider it to be preventative maintenance.

C,

It is not receommended to reuse grease seals after they have been removed. Prying them out will distort them and lead to leaking hot grease all over your new rotors and brake pads.

Much cheaper and wiser to buy new ones.

...Rich