ROUSH Blackjack

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Pierce

Reaction score
One of my guys at work bought one of these today.... 54k cash. What an incredible machine. #67 of 100.

[Broken External Image]:

edit to correct price...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome.:D Im a huge fan of black rims. They could have customized the front turning signal. But still great.

GeorgeT.

Wait...Don't tell me--he just drives fast in really straight lines, for really short distances?

How'd I know? ;)

For years I thought it was row-sch in pronunciation, but now it seems to be roo-sch, and that is far inferior.

The front end looks barren and lackluster to me. Nothing defines it. It reminds me of those PoS debadged cars that you see on the streets all the time. A ride needs to have pride in itself, and where better to put the pride than the front?

A ride needs to have pride in itself, and where better to put the pride than the front?

Why not the back. With over 400 HP, most people will the rear end of it. :lol::lol::lol:

Tom

Looks nice, but I don't see where its any better than a regular Roush. My dad has a stage 1, 2005 Roush, and it looks to be able the same.

Any performance Mustang is cool in my book. But if I were going to spend that kind of money on one I would have to consider the GT500. That's coming from a guy with a 99 Cobra with a Roush body kit. The Roush cars will probably have similar hp and maybe a little better handling but the Shelby looks better in my opinion and which one do you think will be worth more ten years from now?

Wait...Don't tell me--he just drives fast in really straight lines, for really short distances?

You do know the Stage 3 is capable of pulling 1g on the skidpad? It's not just for really straight lines.

In the twistys my stage 3 will outrun the shelby 500 all day.

Downside to the shelby is with dealer markup in my local they sell for 80K+

They Wgt 400 lbs more than my stage3

Mine is custom tuned running 400 RWHP, so for an extra 30 or so HP,and $35K more is not worth it IMO.

That price advantage may have been true when the GT500 was first released but I don't think that is the case in most parts of the country today. There are several GT500's on eBay with buy it now prices in the mid 50k range. Don't get me wrong, I like the Roush, Saleen, Foose and all the other specialty Mustangs but I still think the GT500 would be the better value over time. I also happen to like the look of the stock GT better than most of the specialty cars. I guess this shows my age but I think the current Mustang body is too retro for all those spoilers, wings, gills and scoops.

I dunno about the 35k being too much to spend. The mustang is a car that is all about money, not time, love and dedication.

Every piece of machinery in the vehicle has at least 3 superior aftermarket parts, made by ~10 manufacturers each. All perfomance modifications have already been made and packaged for the end user to go and buy after reading their hot rod magazines in order to imitate perfectly the "unique" rides that they covet :(

It is sad, really, how obsessive people can be over a car that is all about plugging in new parts and playing. Your mustang can never beat the other guy's mustang if he has more disposable cash, as he'll just buy from that next echelon of performance parts that you just can't afford.

The dealerships should really start to cash in on these mustang fanboys by offering performance upgrades themselves, like Chevy does with the Cobalt. Why let all the aftermarket companies get all the profits?

When every path that you can possibly take has been mapped out and beaten down, and in this case _paved_, what is the point of taking them? While ya'll drive on your roads through the performance forest, I and the few others who agree will sojurn through the wilderness, off the beaten path.

Oh, and we'll beat you at the race where the paths meet, which knowing mustang focus, will probably be a drag strip ;)

Does anybody else think Kevin is a little out of touch with reality? :eek: :wacko::blink::D:D:D:D:D:D

It's not your money, Kev, lighten up...

(does not raise hand to question) I don't :D

Being in an area where mustangs are practically on every doorstep, the mustang awe has left me as I see them: brake to 2 mph on even the slightest curve, race down the shoulder to cut people off, get so engrossed in weaving that they end up on the wrong side of the road and have to jump back 4+ lanes in seconds to hit their exit, and drag race from red light to red light like Meet the Parents, all on a daily basis.

What good does all the money do if you can't even drive in the first place? Might make you feel good, but lying to yourself like this ultimately makes you feel worse.

(The european performance cars and the rice are just as bad, but the american car drivers around here believe that they are "superior" to these other guys, and drive like greater retards to prove this)

K, you have never seen a stage 3 brake at 2 miles per hr on a curve,I can and will take any curve at 80 MPH (if dry) and the traction control off.

The Roush stage 3 is the only american car made that can pull 1.2g on a skidpad (300 ft circle at sea level)

The ZO 6 vette pulls 1.05, with a few mods the Roush st 3 can pull 1.3 Gs, and thats really scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comparing an aftermarket car to a factory car is like comparing apples and oranges. If your going to compare a non stock to another car it should be in the same catagory. Try comparing it to a Callaway, Lingenfelter, Avalate, Caravaggio Covrvette or even a hennesy Viper. Heck if the zo6 can pull 1+g (.76g acceleration) the Callaway C16 with 14'' front and 19'' rear wide tires will sure handle a lot better. Now don't get me wrong i like the Mustang and i'm not a brand junky i just don't like when someone tries to make that type of comparison to make a point.

Bill, I won't hold you to the any curve at 80 mph claim, as there are plenty of curves where that can't be done. Unless you mean any track curve, but I do not, as I complain the mustang loser drivers on the street.

Let me rephrase that--some curves cannot, for the safety of others (and subsequently yourself) be taken that fast. Props for the traction control off--traction control is for minivans, using it on a performance car is just wrong, and another of mah complaints towards these performance car drivers.

modding the premodded limited edition car.....