Rubber Exterior Trim

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
I was just wondering a couple things about the ST....

I am not liking the rubber trim around the windows and windsheild. Is this tough to replace? Is it just pressure fit around the windows? Or do I have to glue it or something?

Thanks!

No no... I guess I should have been clearer.

I do like it, I dont like how its looking after 5 years (Oxidized, etc) So I want to replace it with a new factory trim....

Back to black doesn't work well on my Trac's oxidized trim for some reason. ICE did nicely on it though, its been the first product to impress me on the trim, although not on DWWB paint.

Ive used 2 bottles of back to black on it already, and still looks the same as it did before I used them... this is is my last ditch effort to have it look new again, buy new ;)

I guess the main thing im looking for is installation... Is it just snapped into place, or does it need to be glued,etc...?

pull on it .. break it .. and I garuntee aterwards you will find out. LOL

If you plan on replacing it,.. just go buy the new replacement parts and then you will know how they are installed. ;-)

TF

The trim around the windshield comes on the windshield and can not be bought separately. The front doors can probally be bought separately but the rear doors are attached to the vent windows. ( I think ) So you would have to buy the whole assembly. :(