Running Wires int the Engine Bay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
I am wiring my fog lights to a 2nd oem dash switch as per Tom R. 's project on my '02. I see that I have to run 2 wires from the center dash cluster through the firewall to the engine compartment. I'm trying to avoid making holes. Does anyone know of a location in a Gen1 where I can run them through? Or if it's inevitable that I have to drill. where is the best location?

Thanx

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Look under the driver's side dash, on the firewall - to the left of the brake pedal. There's a large rubber grommet (about 2.5" dia) that the speedo cable runs through. That's where I've passed a few wires.

If you check out Rich Stern's "light project install", there are pictures of this pass thru and how he completed the installation.

Well The lights are wired up to my Westin Safari Bar and they work great. The only issue I had was the used switch I used will not light up with the dash lights. (I took off the button & I didn't see a replaceable bulb) but the on indicator works:banana:

The diagrams from Tom R's project of wiring a 2nd OEM switch was spot on!! Rich Stern's hookup pointed me right to the spot I needed to get the wires through the firewall.

Thanks Eric P, Les & to all of you who helped me out and guided me with this project.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts