Sad Time - '03 XLT Premium 4x4 - 1486xx Miles - Is Restorable

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris TosteJr

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
My time with my trac is done. I just got the last of my suspension components done, and was starting to work on the interior when an unlicensed, uninsured "persons" decided to attempt a u-turn in an intersection and swung way to wide, right into me at a stop light. USAA (a whole separate story bout them) was not going to even entertain the thought of repair and was pushing to cut me a check. I did have two out of pocket repair estimates done, one for $8600, and one for $7900, USAA "offical" estimate was $11.3k. It is defiantly fixable, but it is not something I want to tackle any more. My personal circumstances do not allow me to be without a vehicle for the timeframe needed, and then I would still be putting money into on the regular at this point. So I relented and took the money. Got a '15 Subaru Crosstrek, which in gas expenditures alone seems to be a good choice. Not the same driving experience, but a similar 0-60 time so my on ramp timing is unchanged.

For those that need parts or wants a restore project, I'll link the auction. This site, while a bit slow at times, is full on info and helpful people with good advice.
If someone here does get it, I do have a key with the factory fob, and the aftermarket fob which I could mail.