Sad Time - '03 XLT Premium 4x4 - 1486xx Miles - Is Restorable

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 71196

Reaction score
My time with my trac is done. I just got the last of my suspension components done, and was starting to work on the interior when an unlicensed, uninsured "persons" decided to attempt a u-turn in an intersection and swung way to wide, right into me at a stop light. USAA (a whole separate story bout them) was not going to even entertain the thought of repair and was pushing to cut me a check. I did have two out of pocket repair estimates done, one for $8600, and one for $7900, USAA "offical" estimate was $11.3k. It is defiantly fixable, but it is not something I want to tackle any more. My personal circumstances do not allow me to be without a vehicle for the timeframe needed, and then I would still be putting money into on the regular at this point. So I relented and took the money. Got a '15 Subaru Crosstrek, which in gas expenditures alone seems to be a good choice. Not the same driving experience, but a similar 0-60 time so my on ramp timing is unchanged.

For those that need parts or wants a restore project, I'll link the auction. This site, while a bit slow at times, is full on info and helpful people with good advice.
If someone here does get it, I do have a key with the factory fob, and the aftermarket fob which I could mail.

Latest posts