Safer Car or SUV for my daughter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A professional drivers class, not the ones that teach you to drive, but the ones that teach race car and stunt drivers to drive would be you best bang for the buck on the safest car.

It is one thing to be in a safe car, but a safe driver is better then a safe car any day.

Tom

I would have no problem letting my kid drive the ST (if I had kids). I learned to drive in the Sport Trac. It's perfect for a teenager. You can load it up with stuff (like when my mom would send me to the grocery store so she wouldn't have to go) or you can load it up with friends (like how we always take my ST on road trips instead of my friend's 4runner, Camry, or Civic)

I always felt completely safe in my ST confident that IF I were to be in an accident, I would not only survive, but so would everyone else in the vehicle. My one accident consisted of me in a parking lot sitting at a stop sign, and a woman came driving down the wrong side of the lane, and despite me honking, she just ran into me in her Tahoe. The Sport Trac suffer a scuff which I buffed out when I got home, and the Tahoe needed a new bumper.