Said Goodbye to our Gen 1

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDawn Houlahan

Reaction score
With 241K miles on her and timing chain noise starting to rear its ugly head (and the A/C broken for about a year now) we finally signed up for car payments again, purchasing a private lease/one owner 2014 Fusion Titanium that we applied the Sport Trac to as trade equity.

We had the truck since new (14 years, the longest we've ever held onto a vehicle, that's how much we loved it!), but my wife was tiring of driving a truck/SUV and wanted a sedan again with more modern amenities.

I enjoyed being a member here, especially the early years where I shared a LOT of our modifications and updates via member projects, even coordinating several Sport Trac meets in Florida and driving up the ones in Georgia.

We thought about a gen 2 when they were new, but the timing was not right for us financially. With one child married and gone and the other graduating college soon (and the condition the Sport Trac was in) it was finally the right time in 2016.

Thanks to all the friends I've made here over the years and I won't be closing my account. I'll still pop in every few months like I do now just to see what's up.

Take care everyone!

Mark & Dawn

Lakeland, FL

Good to hear you kept in the FORD family. 2 years ago, I managed to get a used 2011 Fusion with 19k miles on it. They are very nice. I bought my 2004 Sport Trac new also. Feels old every time I get into it after driving the Fusion, but I will drive it until it dies. (190k miles now)

I see your in Lakeland, FL. In the Villages? And got a picture of your newer car?

Here's mine

[Broken External Image]:

Needed a stereo

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Villages is about two hours north of us. We're right off of I-4 between Orlando and Tampa...

Definitely in the Ford family. That's all I've owned and will own. Have two Mustangs, a Cobra replica (Ford powered) and of course now the Fusion Ti that replaced our beloved ST.

Don't have a great photo of the Fusion yet. We brought it home last Wed night and i was out of town on business from Thurs through Sun night. Which is also why I'm just now replying here. I'll get some and post it to the thread this week.

Thanks!

Mark

:) Mark & Dawn, enjoy your newer ride it seems our STs are becoming relics I wish Ford would have just kept improving them. People still tell me how much they like the Sport Trac. But you have to do what is best for you guys! I've even thought of getting something newer ( haven't yet though, I don't like payments :) ) l Good luck to you!

Latest posts