San Diego Smog recommendation?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Anyone in San Diego have a recommendation for a place to get Smogged? I'm replacing my plugs, and will put in some high test, (if that helps?), and warm it up well. Anyone have any other ideas for passing smog? 2004 Sport Trac XLT w/flexfuel engine.

Thanks.

I used to do smog checks in San Diego as a matter of fact. I recommend that you don't do anything prior to the emission test as you might end up causing an issue that wasn't there. Putting in different fuel won't do you a bit of good either nor will getting it hot. My only recommendation is to take it to a place that does "test only" testing as they won't have bias if you pass or not whereas a "test and repair" facility may.

Where abouts in San Diego are you...I may be able to recommend a place.

I'm around the 5/805 and 52, I can go anywhere. I just wanted to put in new plugs, it's got 75K miles and is missing.

I don't know any shops around that area so I can't be oof any help there. I think you better replace the plug wires also as they are more prone to causing a misfire at that mileage than the actual plugs themselves.

Latest posts