Satellite Photo of My ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
Look at the road going vertically on the left of the picture. From the top, find the first major road intersecting the vertical road. Just below the first intersection, see the driveway entering from the vertical road. The black spec in that driveway is my truck.

[Broken External Image]:

My ST in the driveway of my fiancee's house

Now if this is the capability of Google, just imagine what some government organizations around the World can do with their technology.

All you do is go to google.com and type in your address. It helps to choose the hybrid map to find your house, because the pointer isn't always right.

With a little work, you can also get satalite views of almost anywhere from http://terraserver.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

The last view of our house was shot in 1994. The ability to zoom in / out and the clarity is pretty good

cool...

Todd Z

If you use Google Earth you can do all kinds of like searches. The detail on some areas is outstanding. Others... eh....

The detail of the area I live in sux, but the detail at my parnets house is enough to see my dad out mowing the grass!!

You can actually pin-point your location, export that and post it on discussion groups like this where others can download then see where you are located. Kinda a poor-man's member map.

GM...the satellite photos used on Google Earth for Kingman are a couple of years old, so I don't think you'll be able to see yours. I found my stuff that was in the back yard of my old house and I haven't lived there in 2 years.

Goodle Earth is really cool...but also kinda scary if you think about it.

What's scarier is the photo of where I work. There are several AWACs aircraft in the photo behind the building. They show up way better than my truck, and the large discs on top make them very easy to spot. :blink:

I noticed on Google Earth that the image of the White House is scrambled/distorted. Also noticed that there's a sunken boat next to Liberty Island. Pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred-

All sat image sites do that for gov't buildings, you can't see the roofs of them because you can learn quite a lot about a building by looking at just the roof, espically flat roofs.

Hey Nelson:

I saw an AWACS plane come in for landing yesterday while driving by Whiteman AFB (Knob Knoster, MO). It was WAY cool, especially when it banked extremely sharp to turn around after first doing a fly-by of the base. I have never seen anything that HUGE bank that tight.

Some military weapons of mass destruction are COOL!

Gavin, I think the same thing everytime I see one do a hard bank. That disk must be lighter than it looks, because I always expect the weight to flip the plane upside down. :D

Latest posts