Saw a sport trac police interceptor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Turner

Reaction score
Last night the wife and I were sitting at Bojangle's eating dinner and saw someone get pulled over in the gas station parking lot next door. Turned out the police car was a black unmarked 07-up Sport Trac Limited V8. Pretty cool.

Was it actually badged with PoliceIntercepter like the Crowm Vics?

Asking because I have an 02 P71 CV without the PI badge and have been half way looking for one. Would be awesome to see an ST PI badge.

BUT then again, sure would HATE to get ticketed by a PI ST!!!

Specially on my ST1000 or GSXF600!!!

WOuld also be nice to know if those ST Police vehicles have better tuned engines / suspension then OEM???

Would be a huge bonus if it came with all the PI upgrades too! But I doubt it. Unless the were modified aftermarket.

WOuld also be nice to know if those ST Police vehicles have better tuned engines / suspension then OEM???

According to the link posted above by Rob A., the only things offered on a Ford Special Service Vehicle that aren't offered on a Explorer/Sport Trac sold to the general public are:

-Ground straps

-Heavy-duty battery (750 CCA)

-Roof Wiring Prep Package

-Special Service/Fleet Manual

They don't appear to have any engine/suspension performance enhancements over a regular Explorer/ST.