ScanGauge II

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
For a while now I've been running my SG2. I haven't sent it off for the latest updates (the one that lets you make "custom gauges") because, well, I've forgotten about it & don't wanna be gaugeless for the duration of their turn-around time.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to run 2 gauges. It annoys me that on the gauge display, you can get 4 gauges on there, but if you want to see interesting stats like MPG for the current trip, or miles driven on the current trip, or miles remaining on tank of gasoline, you have to go through the menus to special screens which ONLY display one of those pieces of info.

I wanna see my gauges and have one of them be my miles driven, or miles remaining (if I ever got the durn function to work properly!), and it really seems that the only way to do this would be to run 2 gauges. I have doubts about simply splitting the CAT5 cable and getting 2 RJ45s on there, and having it work, but I don't want to rule it out before I ask the forum of experts.

BTW, remember the 90s (crappy decade, I know) when cars came with Trip Computers built in, which would tell you estimated miles & gallons remaining and such? And since they were linked to the PCM and whatnot, they'd work automatically, rather than the SG2 which requires you to play with settings each time you fill up, which has never worked for me. What ever happened to those things? Why couldn't ford put that functionality in the compass/thermometer? :( :(

I'm reasonably confident that explorers had them back in the 90s, I know a freestar and a bunch of chevys did. Even if I got one, it would be a far cry from plug 'n play ('n pray lol), right?

You can get an info center from a late 90's Limited Explorer or Mountaineer and wire it in, but you need to be very comfortable with wiring diagrams and such. Their info centers were built into the front half of the center console. Our lower console's are basically the same as theirs, and I believe it will snap right in as long as you get both the front half and rear half (cupholders).

Thanks for the info.

So the info center would look similar to the way you have your scangauge mounted up?

Wiring Diagrams aren't that scary lol.

what you really need is a gauge that tells you how to get to the trailer park.

oh wait, all you need to do is look for a c-4 gen vette ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
what you really need is a gauge that tells you how to get to the trailer park.

I know how to get to the trailer parks, thank you very much. Navi-gah-mation of mah state is a forte--it is America in Mini-ature. :lol:

Your "we are the 80s" styled sports car really does look like the stereotypical trailer park ride....for those who don't have the, ahem, "male" trucks.

Gary S., you should be proud that you are leading the revolution to get trailer park denizens to drive something without fake testicles attached. As you probably bought your ride first, it can be said that you are inspiring them.

Thank you for making my local roads a straighter place. Now if you could just cut out the all too plentiful male bikers in spandex....

Seriously though, instead of casually hatin' on the park residents having rides that look similar to yours, maybe you should consider it a blessing. It enhances the "sleeper" ability of your ride.

Latest posts