Scratch Removers Suck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My cat slept on my ST one night, he kind of scratched the clear coat. It is bothering so much cause everytime I see it, I get so mad. Well, I went to my local Wal-Mart, thinking I would buy a scratch remover, first I bought Meguiars Scratch X, and tried it. It totally didn't work, it didn't even get a swirl out or anything. Then I bought GS 27, the Scratch remover that they sell on tv, and it also didn't work. Is there anything out there that get rid of surface scratches off ??? :)

Have you ever had a cat's claw stuck in your arm!? (By the way, NEVER try to

give a cat a bath!). Their claws are like a hypodermic needle with a razor blade

stuck to the end of them. My guess is you may need professional rubbing and

buffing (this would help the paint situation, also) to ease the pain of cat scratches

in the paint. Hopefully it just scratched the clearcoat, and not thru to the primer.

See if you can find someone handy with these tools, first, as it can get somewhat

expensive to take it to a professional.

If the scratch or chip is so deep that you can catch it with your fingernail, then it won't be easily rubbed out or taken off with the scratch removers. You'll need to go to a professional and have them fill in and buff out the scratch.

That and cat claws are filthy. The rub thier claws in the same box they crap in.

Tom

1600 grit sand paper, polishing compound and some new clear coat....

unless it is in the primer or down to the metal..

Todd Z

Your better off having it done by a pro unless you know exactly what your doing. That and get rid of the cat. I'd kill a cat if I caught it on my vehicle. I'll remove pesty feline if you want at no charge. :lol:

Latest posts