Screamin Deamon and Bosch +4 Plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Heckler

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the screamin deamon coil pack and new wires. Would Bosch +4 plugs work with the extra boost? I only changed out the plugs some 10k ago.

Thoughts?

no bosch. i used autolite double platinum and JBA wires from Explorer Express a site sponsor. good luck. plus i also have the Screamin Demon coil pack and i love it!!!!!

paul h:)

I used Bosch Platinums on 2 of my cars a few years back and they were crap after 5000 miles. The motors started missing and when I removed the plugs, the electrodes were burnt back into the insulation. I would never use them again. Just my experience.:wacko:

ScoTt,

Leave the plugs you have in there now, Replace the coil and wires and use extra dielectric grease on the plug boots so when you do replace the the plugs you have no issues with the wires....

Remember the Coil is not a HP or MPG producer.......... IT just gives you a smoother running engine and slight throttle response....

Todd Z

WENT THROUGH THE PAIN OF PUTTING BOSCH FUSIONS IN AND A WEEK LATER WENT THROUGH MORE PAIN REPLACING THEM WITH MOTORCRAFT SP 500'S, WHAT A DIFFERENCE. THE BOSCH PLUGS DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE SAME REACH INTO THE BLOCK. THE PARTS GUY SWORE UP AND DOWN THAT THE BOSCH PLUGS WOULD UP MY PERFORMANCE, WHEN ALL THEY REALLY DID WAS INCREASE THE SCARS ON MY ARMS.

Recharge - I hear ya! Putting plugs in the trac is the hardest task I have ever had. Give me the '68 camaro again where you could crawl in with the engine, close the hood and still have room to work . . :)

Todd - good idea. If the plugs "seem" to be working I can leave them for now.

ScoTt

<center>As I have said before.</center>

<center>STAY AWAY FROM GIMMICK PLUGS!!!</center>

Tom

Tom, I don't believe they're gimmick plugs. From what I've heard, they run very well in German cars, just not in US vehicles.

From what I've heard, they run very well in German cars, just not in US vehicles.

I am sure they do. German cars use Bosch ignition systems. NGK's work great in Japanese cars.

They are still gimmick plugs. No spark plug is ever going to give you more power, better gas mileage, smoother idle, etc.

Replace worn plugs with gimmick plugs and you will swear by the gimmick plugs because your engine runs so good with them.

All you really did was replaced worn out parts with new parts. You don't notice the loss of performance because of the higher loss from the old parts.

Tom

Latest posts