Screamin Demon coil installed today!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
had some fun at todd z's house today.

did his front pads and installed my Screamin Demon Ignition coil!!!!:D:D:D

So far i've noticed an increase in throttle response, and tranny feels like it shifts better plus motor runs alot smoother.:cool::cool::cool:

thanks a whole bunch todd for the help:)

paul h

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Linked below...

Your welcome Paul,

Thanks for the hand with the brakes and taking in the outside stuff today..

Todd Z

Do you have to re-gap the plugs? I don't look forward to taking those things out again, (just placed them 6,000 miles ago.)

No you dont have to regap your plugs...BUT, The Screamin' Demon Coil is designed to produce a longer duration spark and allow plug gaps to be opened up to an astounding .060" - .065". This will burn the fuel mixture more efficiently for increased performance and better fuel mileage. This will also help spark plugs stay cleaner longer. In addition, the intensity of the Screamin' Demon's spark does not drop off as the rpm's increase, which is common with stock ignition systems.

paul h:cool:

Matt,

Click The link above in my first post....

www.stuffforyourranger.com (site sponsor)

I know the manufacturer is out of stock, IT may be 2 weeks or so..

ALSO you have to move your spark plugs around to get it to work and there is some tape cutting to let the wires reach with out stretching them...

There will be an installation project written by George C as soon as he gets his..

Todd Z

Ahhh.... It only said that it went through the prior years. Must be due to them being backordered. A while back you were talking about having to modify the coil. Was that the actual coil or the wires in the previous post? Thanks!

Great now I have to add something else to my list.I can't wait until the project, sounds like a great mod._Ron

matt...actually todd figured out the wiring.

the coil is actually 180 degrees opposite. a little confusing i know.....

where wires 1,2,3 go on the st coil you actually hook up wires 4,6, and 5

and where wires 5,6,4 go you hook up wires 3,2,1.

todd z has a picture in his library that shows you the pattern

paul h

Derick, They do, This one....

Todd Z

i dont think there is Bill....

try emailing wayne over at underdog performance....

you can also scroll up to the link todd posted.

paul h:)

Latest posts