SCT XCAL 3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Q

Reaction score
I'm looking to unload my XCAL3.

never had any tunes uploaded to it.

Like new, SOOO like new i think i have the SCT sticker that came with it, as well as the wire ties and the case.

Thanks

Frank, not to rain on you, just a sujestion.

If Your ECU code and tunes dont match the buyer.

It will cost the buyer $110 for the tunes from our sponsor.

That puts your price up to the cost of a new one from torrie, with tunes.

Just a sujestion. It will sell if you lower your price.

Frank,

You stated in the original post that this unit has never had any tunes uploaded to it. So did you just buy a "generic" (for lack of a better term) XCal 3 with nothing but the "canned" tunes loaded on it from SCT? If that's the case, then I don't think there will be any particular ECU code tied to the tuner.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the ECU code was loaded by a custom tune provider like Torrie as part of a custom tune.

Nevertheless, I agree with Eddie & Carey. Your XCal might have a better chance of selling if you lower the price, given the fact that a buyer will have to buy custom tunes to make it work with their Trac.

About the only way you're likely to get your original asking price is from a Mustang owner who wants it for just the "canned" tunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Train you are correct. just the generic tunes.

i used it to remove the rev limiter and the 92 Octane preprogrammed tune.

NO TUNES downloaded to the XCAL.

Sorry for delay in response.

you need to find out what your PCM code is, other wise it will cost a buyer an extra 100 or so to get it unlocked or setup for their vehicle, your 300+100 is already the cost of a new one from Torrie!

thus why im selling for 150 as do most others, thats what i would recommend man, something around there...

good luck bro

Ok i found an alternate cable and was able to turn the XCAL on and then i went SCT website and did some research.

Turns out that even thou i returned the truck back to stock program, before trading her in, the XACL is still locked with 5 unlocks remaining.

So not to have this item sitting around for another year gathering dust, the price is $150.

AND it comes with chrome SCT sticker, what a deal... lol...

i dont logon every day but my email address is on file, feel free to send me an email as well as replying to this.

Thanks for all input boyz!!!!!

If it's still locked, it'll have to be sent to SCT to be unlocked, and I believe they charge ~$150 to unlock a locked X3.

Yes, I read that. However, returning it to stock unlocks it. All you have to do is put it on another ST with the same processor code and it will work. It will then show 4 locks left. It comes with 5 locks. Since it has not been mated with another vin, it will not show that it only has 4 left.

I've bought and sold 4 of these xcal 3 units. It isn't locked if returned to stock. All I do is return the truck to stock, sell the device and it works for the next owner and it shows 4 locks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I read that. However, returning it to stock unlocks it.

I've also owned an XCal 3, so I'm aware of that as well. I was just going by what he wrote. I'm still wondering why he bought one without custom Sport Trac tunes to begin with.