Sears 50% Off Monroe Thru Sunday *

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Sears bi-annual sale on Sensa-Trac, Reflex, and Rancho shocks and struts.

In past sales, not in stock special orders were included for special pricing.

* Recent posts regarding Sears honoring lifetime warranty replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

I just wanted to say Mahalo Nui Loa! I went to Sears tonight and had them install sensa tracs

on my baby. Not only did I get the sale price of 50% off but got the installation for free! 120 bucks and she rides like new. Much thanks for the heads up. :haveabeer: Can't wait to put new tires on.... soon

Dennis- Very Cool! With FREE installation? SCORE, big time. A Sears mistake? LOL

Always glad to help fellow Trac fanatics. This site has saved me time, and big $$$.

Enjoy your "new" ride. Aloha. :banana:

free installation?

i saw online they were charging 20 a shock.

im buyin the ranchos rs5000 tomorrow

When I bought new shocks for my Sport Trac I went to Sears for a price quote. They gave me a good price but did not have the shocks in stock. I was going to take about 4-5 days to get them.

I went over to NTB (National Tire & Battery) to see if they had the shocks in stock and they did, plus the guy looked at the Sears quote and said he would beat their quote by $1.00 They did the work, but because it took more than the hour he quoted, they gave me an additional discount so I actually got my new Monroe Reflex shock with installation dirt cheap. :banana:

Get a quote from Sears and then go to some other shops to see if they will beat Sear's price.

...Rich

Pro:

Great Price

Con:

I read here that Sears won't honor the Monroe warranty for worn shocks, only if they are leaking or broken!

I did factor in the Sears warranty issue. However after reasoning that most shocks last between 60-80 thousand miles depending on driving conditions. Heck I'm not sure I'll even be driving the trac still at that point (180 thousand miles). At 120 bucks installed even if they wear out in four or five years. I don't think its going to break me to replace them. As they always say "your mileage may vary"