Sears Diehard Platinum battery !!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
IF you don't know my 03 ST sits a lot and does not get a lot of use. The battery died over the winter and now it just dies this weekend from the heat.

I cant stand the optima battery's with adapters and hold Downs and all sorts of stuff to get a battery in the st so !!

I picked up the sears diehard platinum group 65 battery...

This thing is mint !!!! Same technology and the optima, over 900 CCA !!!!!

The truck starts faster then day one !!! you can hear how fast the starter cranks the engine now and the truck runs a lot better...

i just wanted to pass this along, i highly recommend this..

Plus it is a 7 year warranty and 4 year FREE replacement...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Never had any issues with optimas but if the above is comprable price wise may be a good thing.

My stang has been thru two batts in 3 yrs, deltrane battery tendor fixed that problem.

Todays cars have constantly active computor systems, if you don't drive them much get one, 29 Bux, is not a trickle charger.

Sears.com lists the P-2 @ $189.99.

Hey Todd,, you got some grease on the top of the battery next to the neg terminal. CLEAN IT UP!:cool::banana::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been sold on Optima batteries. I understand that they have their uses, but for the average car owner, IMO a waste of money.

Tom

:cool::cool::banana::banana:

Todd Z

I got one a few years back, so far so good.

It's made by Johnson Controls, same as Optima, but with Sears' warranty and national service.

if Todd Z cares enough to log onto MYST.com to recommend a product, then sure as "shoot" its a damn good one.

Thats for the info Todd.

Latest posts