Seat Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for input or someones experience or alternatives here.

Can anyone tell me if the seats out of a 4 door explorer will fit in my sport trac?

I am looking for a set of new seats as the seats in mine need replaced.I bought my sport-trac off E-Bay while I was in Iraq.The seats were trashed ( little demon spawn children and a dog I'd bet ) .

Has anyone had experience with the katzskin (sp) kits?

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Tim

Katskins are the cats meow as they say, from everything I have heard,. they are pretty much the best you can get. If you want to install them, try to find an upholstery shop near where you live and have them do it. unless you know somebody who owes you a favor.

Have a good one

Bob

I have Katzkin's in my Trac. I love them. They are extremely comfortable and better leather than stock. Downside it is a little pricey.

Tim,

I am an automotive seat design leader and i can tell you the seats from an Explorer will not work on an ST. The Explorer seats mount flat to the floorpan and the ST seats mount in the front to the crossmember on the floorpan. Also, the Explorer adjuster and cushion pan are all one assembly while the ST has them as two seperate assemblies that are bolted together. Hope this information has helped.

Steve R.