Seatbelts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go...I predict 2 : 5....two helpful responses that answer the question to every five that say "wear your seatbelt, it's the law, most accidents happen within 2 miles of home"

P.S. I don't know how to disconnect the chime.

TJR

You have no info in your profile. Here are the details for the 03 model.

I am with the crowd that will tell you that you should wear the belt all the time...

I have towed more vehicles then I care to tell you about where the vehicle crushed the occupants during the rollover as they were thrown out of the vehicle then crushed by it.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you want to go ahead and deactivate your air bags also huh? Heck while your at it drain your brake fluid and cut the emergency brake cable!!! Ha Ha just kidding I already turned my seat belt chime off as well. ;)

Isn't it amazing what you can find in there when you actually look. LOL

(Sarcasm, no attacks meant by this post).

Last edited by a moderator:
One point to remember. Even though the chime is "deactivated" , it will still chime through one cycle when the belt is not buckled. This had me questioning whether the system was actually deactivated.

Not that I am aware of Dave. (Without unplugging the module that is. And the module does other features besides the seat belt monitor).

Just look under the seat and unplug the wire harness that runs to the seatbelt. No need for everyone to get all high and mighty.

Agree with buckling up WHEN driving. Parked, on a hot day, with the A/C running, waiting.

It's to NOT have the annoyance, as long as you're in a parking lot, and NOT moving. ;)

Latest posts