Second Battery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
Has anyone squeezed two batteries under the hood of an ST?

I'd like to have more juice when the truck is off for running goodies.. I already have a redtop under the hood.

Laptop, camera charger, stereo, whatever.. I'm just always worried about draining my battery and then being stuck.

Dingo didn't say he was going to sleep in the bed. Just keep the bag in there.

Yeah, I know it was a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
JD,

Under the hood is going to be a super tight fit.....

You could remove the CAI and get a short intake and mount a series 51 or 51R or a small battery there and then cable it over to the connection points you wish to use...

There is the option of a battery box in the bed of the truck and use a relocation kit from summit or some place like that.....

Todd Z

You could add a smaller battery with a manual switch that would just allow you to start the truck once if you drained your primary battery.

Throw a digital terminal on there and you can monitor it... You can shut your "goodies" off when you're gettin too low..:D

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Use an Optima Yellow Top. Here's what the Optima has to say about the Yellow Top.

Demand More from Your Vehicle?

The YellowTop is one of the only true dual-purpose batteries available. It is commonly used in any application that demands cranking power and heavy cycling. Trucks with winches, cars with high-demand audio systems, commercial trucks and equipment all rely on this battery to provide ultimate starting and deep cycle power.

Benefits and Applications:

Dual-purpose

Deep cycling and cranking power all packed into one battery.

Longer life

Latest posts