Security Alarm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys!!!

I have a random question. This morning when im about to go pick up my mom I noticed that my trac got broke in. They get the most expensive and dying palm zire72 that i use for GPS."HAHAHA" .Damb theft forgot the portable gps reciver in the dash board.

My question is, is it posible to activate the alarm on the trac or need a different unit to get an alarm? I mean alarm that will go off when the door open by poping the lock or without disabling by the remote or key in ignition. Like the Alarm in 99 zx2 that always go off when the door is open with out the remote unlocking the door.

thanks in advace!!

Not 100% sure, but I think that the ST does not have a factory alarm...so, you would have to buy a separate unit

thats what i tought, the alarm i can get in my 05 trac is when i press the alarm button in the remote. And there is no instruction in the manual too. I know i read the manual 2 yrs ago about that and didn't see anything.

thanks guys for quick reply

Got an '01 and the only way to make it go off is by manually pressing the panic button on the FOB. Remember seeing somewhere that the flashing THEFT light on the dash is just for show/deterrent

thats what i tought, the alarm i can get in my 05 trac is when i press the alarm button in the remote

For the most part they are not alarms, they are panic buttons.

Though it is low end, my horn went off if the lock was not used or the remote entry was not used. I do not know of a way other than time for the horn to be disabled as far as simply pushing door buttons and what not goes.

My '03 doesn't have a real alarm and I can guess that goes for all Gen I's. You can install your own aftermarket for less than $100.00

I see, thanks Les.

Mike,

I know you can get one under $100. but i think this is the one that go off every time it touch or get vibrate from the other car.

I was thinking of alarm that is not really sensitive but it go off if somebody open it with out disabling the alarm.

Gerry, the ones that go off by themselves usually have over sensitive vibration sensors. Get ones that sense current draw which will trip if any door is open and dome light enabled or any other electrical draw. They use their own key fobs and will open/close locks just like the OEM fobs.

I always assumed the flashing red light was to tell would-be thiefs that the system uses a PATS key system, so jimmying the ignition switch/system won't succeed.

Latest posts