Self-installed alarm advice...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Z

Reaction score
I am looking at buying and installing an alarm myself with remote start for my 2005 ST. First, I am not interested in having the alarm installed buy another person. I prefer to do things on my own, and the price people and companies ask for to install, is just ridiculous to me. What kind of alarms does everyone, who has them, have in their STs? Has any one who has installed their own, run into any kind of issues while installing? Thanks for any info...

You'll need a few diodes and resistors for your install to isolate the door trigger wires and trigger the door locks. Depending on the alarm you use, you might also need some relays for things like parking lights and dome light supervision circuits. You'll need an immobilizer bypass and an assortment of t-tap and spade connectors.

I've installed about 10 remote starts now and numerous alarms, keyless entries, full stereo systems etc... they can still be a PITA at times.

Latest posts