Seriously Shopping for an ST Replacement (Update: Traded! Photos added too.)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tracnblack, I guess I'm not in the Black Trac Pack anymore. :( I love the Black Mica too. It is a metallic paint and looks more like a charcoal color than black when you see it in the sunlight. Also, seeing the new paint job pointed out to me that my old ST was in need of the claybar. It jad lost a little shine in 50K miles.

I do think it is interesting how many trac owners in this thread have a Mazda3 or bought one for the children. My intent is to pass this car to my daughter and buy another truck when the manufacturers decide to build something more fuel efficient.

I just stumbled upon an article which states the Volvo V50 is based on the Mazda 3. If you look closely, there are a lot of similarities.

V50_int_900x373_00029_08.jpg

Volvo V50 interior

[Broken External Image]:

Mazda 3 Hatchback interior

Even if the Mazda and Volvo did have similar interiors, it stands to reason, Ford has a controlling stake in both. I don't see very many similarities, I'd much rather have the Volvo over the bargin-bin'd 3.

Take the new Jaguar XK8 and Aston Martin V8 Vantage, they are basically the same car, which is good for Jag.

Darin,

Notice the pillars, dash around the instrument console, the contour of the center instrument cluster, general position of the shift knob, etc. Granted, the Volvo is nicer, and the shared skeleton is mostly hidden by the outer "skin".

Tiger,

My fiancee has an S-80 and when I had the two cars next to each other this morning, I noticed similarities in the shapes of the front fenders, hoods and rear quarter panels. Granted, they are not identical, and the comparison really doesn't have much of a point here, but I thought it was interesting to know they are related vehicles under the skin.

As far as having a Volvo, instead of a Mazda, I wouldn't trade my M3 for her S-80. She spends a minimum of $200 whenever she takes that car in for service. Considering Volvos are glorified Fords made in Sweden, it just seems like a ripoff to me that they charge such high rates for service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson i put on a set of 40's on those rims and it handles like it is on rails i can't stop flying through turns:lol: i just put a hitch on my P5 and a pic of my wifes new ride

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

bpoche,

Where did you get the hitch? I'm assuming it is Class II? How does the trailer handle corners? :D

Nice Beemer! I'll have to change jobs to get one of those, unless I get orders to Germany.

hitchfinder.com it is a hidden hitch $119 shiped with drawbar. and i told my wife today i need to rember the trailer does not fly through turns well. i even find my wife speeding up through turns in my mazda

Where did you get the wirling harness for the signal lights? Hitchfinder doesn't have them. I see it is only a Class I, which would easily haul anything I need to move.

My email is correct. I'm not sure what the problem would be. The receiver is pretty inconspicuous. Looks like I'll be ordering one of those.

Thank you for the help. :)