Service Centers Suck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought my wife a 2003 Eddie B. Expedition last week over the internet. Great truck, great experience. However, the key code for the pad was not included, and the dealer I bought it from did not have it either. Called my local Ford dealer (pulliam) in Columbia SC. Asked the service guy how I could get the code. He gave some B.S. story about how I needed to bring the truck in, have them hook it up to the computer, and pull the code. For the small fee of only$88.50.

Well later on that day I decided to do a little checking on my own, type in Key pad code ford expedition on yahoo. This pulled up a link to a Ford forums web page. Guess what, the code is on a sticker on the computer, under the passenger side dash. Cost:$0.00.

Needless to say I called the service manager and the sevice guy the next morning and told them about how I felt about their customer service and knowledge of the vehicles they sale and service. Both guys said they were unaware that ford put info on this sticker, B.S.

So, if buying a truck and need the code, check first.

Jason

For 88.50 they should be also setting the code for you too :) It's nothing to enter the vin and get the code for them. It doesn't take up an hr or so in labor time.

Maybe that is what he meant?

If it's under warranty...why do they not just set the code? Does the bumper to bumper only cover mechanical parts?

Why not Email Rusty or better yet Call him with vin number in hand, see if he can help you out?

The code is a permanent code in the computer and can only be change by replacing the chip.

You can't get by just have the Vin # . Then anyone can get your code and get into your truck . Only two ways that I know of are getting it off the sticker on the computer or by hooking up a code reader ( which is what the dealer would do .....5 mins). You can add a personal code using the factory code but factory code will always be there .

Latest posts