Shell E-10 ethanol 10%

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do not sell ethanol blend where I live but I have bought it when traveling farther west in Ohio. Truck seemed to run fine on it. Reports are that running on E-85 doesn't really save money because the mpg is worse, I don't know about E-10. Come to think, I don't remember what the blend was that I've bought. It'll run fine on 10%, just keep an eye on the mpg to see if it drops.

Most of the USA is running E-10 since the government started to mandate it when MTBE was outlawed.

E-10 will run fine is just about anything.

Tom

and E10 is way different then E85... be careful which one you get...

Your truck may not be set up to run the E85

But as tom said the E10 will be fine

Todd Z

I have used and tested E10 in my 2007 and can tell you without any hesitation, "it isn't worth it" compared to unleaded 87. I have kept careful track of vehicle mileage with and without E10. Bottom line, I got an average of .4 to .5 mpg less with E10, every time, regardless of driving type, city,highway or combination of the two. In my area, Boise, Idaho Sinclair Stinker Stations sell E10 and I compared 8 tank fulls anternating with Chevron 87 octane regular unleaded. Sinclair E10 costs on average 10 cents a gallon more than 87 regular unleaded in this area. At 10 cents a gallon premium and 1/2 mpg less, it's a no brainer. Truck runs fine on E10, but the fuel simply doesn't have the same energy as unleaded gasoline, the octane is higher, but that doesn't translate to more energy. /Brad

bRAD,

At least you have an option where you live. In most metro areas, they've mandated E-10. It's all I can buy unless I want to make 20 mile trek to get regular 87 unleaded. You are right, the regular stuff does work much better.

Latest posts