Shift Kit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have to watch the kits... Some come with springs that you cant install unless you tear out the clutches....( meaning complete rebuild)

others come with a "jumper" wire that keeps the epc at full pressure all the time, this is no good when cruising or normal driving, it can overpressure gaskets and seals... when the computer wants do drop pressure for something.

The kit I installed was from a local tranny shop, we installed the new valve body gasket, changed some valve pistons, and the locations of some valve body check balls...

I think Ebay had a kit close to what we did, but it comes with the springs and jumper wires also...

The only NEGATIVE I will say against a kit is the time and labor to install, I don't recommend this on your back on a driveway, and it does increase the pressures, so if you have bad solenoids, or week EPC it will not help you any..

And if you have an XCAL you will need to lower the pressures and change the tranny controls to be correct for the kit..

Todd Z