Shifting Problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently installed a Magna Flow cat back exhaust and now the tranny shift points seems to off. I took it into ford and the checked the transmission and reprogrammed the computer. It worked fine for about a week and now it's doing it again. How can I get this fixed? Would it just be better to install and aftermarket chip and get it professionally tuned?

Tom, I put on a magnaflow catback when my Trac was stock. There were no tranny shifting issues that occured. The Trac always shifted too soft for my liking. WFoy set me up with a flasher and a great program. Shift are firm, redline removed, more spark advance etc. It really is the way to go.

I bet that the tranny always shifted funny, just that you did not notice it until the exhaust went on... Now you here the difference....

They flasher is the way to go any way for more performance and it will clean up the tranny..

Todd Z

I have the magnaflow cat back. It didnot change my trans.shifts Iam with Todd Z. With the new exhaust, you can hear the shifting. Most likly always shifted that way. My '04 has always shifted too soft for me also....