Shipping Bedextender?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
I am about to sell my bed extender on ebay and see people listing the shipping for $30. How do they get it that cheap. I just went up to UPS and they said it would cost me $121. That is insane!:wacko:

They probably have a deal with the shipping company. At work it costs us about $30 to ship a 70lb box thats about 25 x 17 x 18 (inches). Oh and its Ground by the way. Did you ask for ground or possibly 2 day?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did ask for ground, also i thougth about taking it apart but i don't know if the people who bid on it would want to have to spend their own time and but it back together. Is there anyone in the Dallas area interested in a bedextender, or who could help me ship this package cheap.

Greyhound....the bus service.

I'm serious. They have a shipping service at their bus stations. Sent a bed extender from Ohio to NC for about $35.

I was going to say a bus service also, good rates too.

Or take it appart, it is only a 10 min job..

Todd Z

I agree with the disassemble idea. I bought one off of Ebay for $17.50 with an advertised rate of $17.00 to ship. Two days after I paid for the auction, they emailed me with a new shipping cost of $127.00. After I got up off of the floor, I emailed them to take it apart. After that, shipping cost about $30.00. I didn't mind paying the extra because of the deal I got.:D

As others said, take it apart. When together it falls into a 70 pound weight class due to size, not weight.

If you take it apart it will be MUCH cheaper. Sent mine for $33.00..

I guess about $175 to pay for my MAC Intake, but if you live in dallas when can meet up and save you at least 30 for shipping, It is in excellent condition too

Latest posts