shock help!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas DeMarco 2

Reaction score
hi i have a 2005 sport trac and i did the tt & shackel lift. and ever since i took out the stock shock i have had noting but problems. rancho 5000 blowen, i replaced the front and they keep over extending and the upper bushing and washer keep on getting destroyed. has anyone found a shock that works with the tt & shackel lift? and not rancho.

I've had the upper bushings get smashed. I think it's partially due to the sway bar end links not being lengthened to compensate for the TT lift. I have stock length Rancho 9000XL's with a 2"TT and they don't have much travel, they top out way too much. Two more years and I'm doing the SAS like Chad did on his, can't wait!!!

I have the TT and Shackles with R5000 and I don't have any problems. I also wheel my sport trac pretty hard so not sure why your having problems.. My trac is also a 04

I do extreme trailin', crawlin', muddin' and had a set of the upper shock bushings actually get cut/ pulled thru the shock tower from over extension. I think that to solve this problem is 1. Get limiting straps and disconnect the sway bar before offroading 2. Get longer shocks 3. Lengthen the sway bar end links to match the lift (the sway bar should be level on flat ground). Just some suggestions, I can't wait to pay my ST off so I can get rid of the IFS.

on long island we have 4x4 surf fishing permits and i completely rebuilt the bushings on top and i had the front end off the ground a few times on the hard road. one bushing done already and the washers are starting to go inside out again.

i want a sas but i cannot weld and i do not know anyone that can do it or how much it will cost.

does anyone think if i used the 3-4 in superlift shocks i shouldn't have a problem with it over extending. i mean i'll have a chance of compressing it all the way but the force of compression should soften it as compaired to maxing it out and the force of the torsions pushing down goes to the bushings

Last edited by a moderator:
Same applies to a drop. (Lower 3 inches = Shorten 3 inches.

Energy Suspension recommends the FSB eyelets are parallel with the Control Arm.

Popped bushings twice before this fix. First and second pic. Third pic is shortened.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts