shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gregg, are they really stiff? I have a "homeboy hookup" for the 9ks but Im really leaning to the reflex. I could save some dough but i have heard that the 9000s run on some big daddy trucks and they could be stiff on a st. What do you think? I dont mind a sort of rough ride but Im driving around the wife and baby a lot. Congrats, glad youre stoked!:cool:

Teddy

I put ProComp 9000 on about month ago and at first they where kinda stiff but they seem to have loosen up some and give a very good ride. I'm satisfied with them. I don't know what the reflex feel like so I can help you with a comparison.

Like Cajun I have only had mine on a short time and don't have any way to compare. They are a little stiff but man has it helped the handling. Instead of "bouncing" over bumps it glides over them. Yes, you feel them but you also feel in total control. Especially noticeable on bumpy turns. I'm very happy with them. If your driving around with a wife and baby Teddy, you really need them for extra safety.

Sorry to go o/t but do the explorer shocks fit the st? I found 4 for $149 but they say Explorer only. I think they are all the same though for our years as long as it dosent have rear air ride right?

brandon64

I think I had the same problem ......Here's the stock #s for ProComp ES9000 :

Fronts on 2WD is EXP-ES918515 ... rear is EXP-ES924509.

4WD is same for rear, but EXP-ES918595 for fronts.

Hope this helps !!

Dale. I'm no mechanic by any means but I was able to install mine. Really helps to have a vice for removing old hardware. You need some of the old bolts for the new shocks. Also nice to have an extra pair of hands for helping to collapse the rear shocks and guide them into their mounting brackets.

Really not that hard ....removing the wheels in the front and the spare in the rear makes it a lot easier. Also I did not bother w/ the old hardwear... I went to Ace Hardware and got eight GRADE-8 5/16 x 1" bolts & nuts w/ locking washer....under $5 for the top bolts

Be sure to get GRADE-8 !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with cajun ! buy new bolts. it makes things a lot easier. tools needed; 13 mm socket shallow and deep,15 mm wrench,18 mm wrench, spray lube ,and about two hours & 4 beers.:) i got mine for$ 126.25 plus shipping from JBCC offroad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts