shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Mouser

Reaction score
So I'm debating.....Monroe or Rancho.... how much difference is there between the Reflex/Sensatrac...is one softer than the other?

From reading I also see that Rancho is practically the same shock....

have an 01 ST with stock shocks and am trying to decide what to buy

thanks in advance for the opinions

Dennis, I was told that the reflex is a stiffer shock best used on trucks that will be towing or carrying a lot of weight. And the SensaTrac is a stiff, but not too stiff shock that will be more for a quality ride vs. tow quality. I could have been misinformed however, I am sure someone will chime in.

The bottom line is any shock is better than stock.

The sensatracs are a softer shock than reflex..IMO you cant go wrong with the reflex..some here have the sesatrac and are very happy with them...anything is better than stock...IMO...I have the rancho rsx, same as the reflex...

I just put the reflexes on 3 or 4 weeks ago. The first 100-150 miles, the ride was pretty hard, but as they broke in, they ride very nice. By far, one of the best investments. I drive almost 500 miles a week for work, so anything that makes the ride better (and possibly conserves my tires) is a plus in my book.

:) Dennis the questions you need to ask yourself is what type of driving do you the most

offroad, street , or do you pull a tralier our haul heavy loads in the back of the truck .

then you can chose .I put 500 miles a week on my S/T 01 ,these are all highway miles .

I do not pull a trailer or go off road . I am going with the monroe sensatrac these are a great SHOCK for the money, they have a liftime limited warrenty . Hope this helps, KEEP THE SHINNEY SIDE UP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger...I guess they change the specs. since I put mine on over a year ago...they advertised a silcone at that time..

Latest posts