Shots of the new ST from the Seattle Auto Show

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Eylander

Reaction score
Well guys, its been quite a while since ive posted but im still in the ST world. I was just at the Seattle Auto Show this weekend and took a few shots of the new sport trac that is coming out soon. Check it out.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Enjoy,

RYan

Something just doesn't look right to me. The cab just doesn't look like it matches with the bed, style wise. The cab looks kinda drab and the bed looks sporty(for lack of a better term). I can't explain it.:(

No sorry, i dont have any other shots of the interior, The trac was up on that stand and it only had one door open. I had a hard enough time getting these. The guy that was in charge of it was looking at me quite funny as i was leaning over trying to get my camera inside and under the trac lol.

I was a bit upset that the rear window doesnt go down, im not sure how i got along without that.

Ryan

Something just doesn't look right to me. The cab just doesn't look like it matches with the bed, style wise. The cab looks kinda drab and the bed looks sporty(for lack of a better term). I can't explain it

I think it's the absence of the bodyside molding found on our '01-'05 Sport Tracs. That helps to visually connect the flow of the fender flares down the side of the vehicle. I'm not sure if I worded that correctly, but if you look at the current ST and look at the '07, I think you can see what I mean.

Ryan - I'm with you on the rear window not going down. I use that all the time. Such a handy feature that was left out . . .so far. I hope they add that later. If I wanted an F-150 . . .I'd have bought one. Thanks for the pics.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing Ryan. The interior looks great even in tan. Is that the very same Trac that was at the Texas fair? I could've sworn I saw a dial type seat adjuster for the front passenger in one of the pics from Texas. Here the driver's seat controls are all switches.

Here are some of my thoughts about the new trac: I think they did a decent job of re styling the exterior, they were able to upgrade, make new changes, build it off the explorer platform and still keep it looking pretty much like a sport trac. Im not a fan of the rear suspension and the lower stance but i understand why they did it. Ford was getting alot of flack for the roll over problems that they were having. Im also not a fan of that huge chrome grill but that can be fixed. There are alot of subtle things that i really like,, Headlights, storage in the bed, 3rd brake light, shape of the bed and the running rails...

Having said that, it doesnt have the unique style and swiss army knife utility feel that the previous sport tras had. To me this looks and feels alot like all of the other millions of explorers out there. I purchased the trac because it was so different and versatile. Im also more of a lifted, off road styling type of guy and this seems to have limits as far as the off road ability and potential.(im sure its there, i just havent found it) I have a feeling there are going to be alot of soccer moms driving this modle around :(

As for the interior, i wasnt able to get a good look because it was up on the stand and only the front door was open but from what i was able to see it looked modern and clean with little room for upgrades and mods (other than the nav screen option) It also looks a little plain with the single tone interior and like i stated above, its just like the explorer and the f 150, it lacks the sport trac touch. I will say that i need to sit in it and take it all in, this opinion is based on a few pictures with limited information.

All in all, im keeping my trac, I was excited to see the new model but i was happy to see my trac when i walked out to the parking garage.

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
raym2, I was thinking the same thing. The cab is plain, no molding or anything and the bed is styled..pretty much what TrainTrac said.

I also don't like the chrome up front, doesn't fit in.

Ryan, I agree with most of your thoughts on the new ST; in that it has lost most of its versatility & ability to be modified. With that said, I think that most people do not modify their vehicles. Also, I am sure that there will be a whole slew of aftermarket stuff ready for the new '07 ST. I might consider getting one for my wife when they come of with the roll down rear window & King Ranch Edition. :D