should i lower or lift?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Higher, IMO, looks better and I think it rides better.

Lower, you defeat the purpose of buying something with higher ground clearance and it will ride like crap if you lower it too much.

It doesn't matter if you lift or lower it, you will need to install camber washers or camber bolts and you will need to get it aligned.

Tom

I lowered mine 3 inches in the rear, and took the torsion bolts out up front. Along with new shocks and rear swaybar, I think it rides better, and more stable, and it also handles better. That's my opinion though. -BUT- If you lower, you may want to either change the bumpstops or cut them down, so you don't bottom out as much. I haven't had much of a problem, except when I hit pot holes on the highway. Mine aren't cut yet.

If you have a 4X4 Sport Trac, you should probably lift the truck to enhance the vehicles off-road capabilities. Realize that if you drive the vehicle on the highways most of the time, increasing the height of an already top heavy vehicle can have some very adverse effects on the braking and tendancy to roll over. If you never intend to go off-road with the vehicle, then I would leave it at the factory height.

If you have a 4X2 Sport Trac, you would benefit from lowering the vehicle. It will handle better and will be safer with less tendancy to roll over. A modest 2" lowering will not adversely effect the ride quality.

...Rich

how are the roads where you drive if they are bad do not lower, does it flood where you live if so do not lower ,do you drive fast and like to turn very fast do not go up, is their any height restrictions (parking garages)you need to park in check the height befor you go up.going up is the only way i can go.

And mainly it depends on what you think looks best and what you'll be doing with the truck. If you like to explore back roads, dirt roads, and trails, I would recommend raising. If you prefer to stick to the street, drive fast, and corner a little better, go a little lower.