Should I Trade for an '07?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
A local dealer has a very sweet Dark Cherry Limited V-8 4x4 Job 1. Is there any compelling reason for me to trade my '03 Adrenaline Edition with 43,000 miles for it?

I say go for it, Gavin,,,,,,,you will notice a world of difference in that 07, from what I have heard other members saying, who have an older ST. This is my first, but wanted one for a long time,,,,,,,,,,the V8 was the deciding factor, and I 'm glad I waited,,,,,,,,,,get one,,,,,,,you'll love it,,,,,,,,,,,,Mark

Yeah, Gavin, and then you can add your name to the thread where the new 07 ST's are being counted. If you hurry up, you may get to be number 50! If he makes it a no dicker deal, then maybe you should consider it!;)

If I were you, I would give it a month or two. I have a feeling the incentives will be much more lucrative as the model comes into its model year, and as Ford realizes it has to do something to increase sales.

I'd echo Adam recommendation. In light of the bad news hitting Ford and the domestics, they will likely be offering very large incentives over the next few months. It could save you thousands.

I'm showing two cash back offers that may be combined for a total of $3006 off! Plus I can get $500 additional as a military appreciation discount. $3506 is a pretty big incentive.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's for a Focus though! You can $4006 (+$500 mil appreciation) for an Explorer. If they would only offer that with the ST.

If it were me, I would wait until the end of Aug. to make sure they have one with the rear roll down window and resolve the front door pull issue. They are supposed to be putting in a notch in the arm rest to pull the door closed because the way it is set up now is extremely awkward with almost no leverage to pull the front door closed.

I traded up and my dad is trading his '03 for an '07. Make sure you get what you want on it, but it is definately an upgrade. I don't miss one thing about my old '02 ST. I absolutely love everything about my '07.