Side Curtain Airbags in 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
Anyone have curtain airbags in the 07? Are they worth the money? Does it offer any insurance discounts? I am looking to order my ST in the next week and am finalizing options.

I have them. I haven't tried them out, yet, so I don't know if they are worth it. LOL My insurance went up $100 every 6 months from my loaded 4x4 '02 ST. No extra discounts were listed on the insurance bill.

Airbags are like insurance. The chances of you needing them are slim, but if you think the price is worth it to avoid being paralyzed from the neck down due to a side impact crash, order them. I've seen people who should have been dead walk away from wrecks because of airbags, when I was an EMT.

Don't think your going to get a discount. Insurance is more for the vehicle then yourself. There was a tv news report last week on side curtain airbags that really praised them. I got them on my wifes new RAV4.

You get a discount for front air bags, dont you? Then why not for the added saftey feature of side air bags. Contact they insurance company and ask them, get a quote.

I work on an ambulance and I recommend side curtains to everyone. on side impact their is nothing between your head and the object hitting you.

Thanks for your help you guys. I just got back from ordering a LTD 4x4 v8 and ended up getting the side canopy airbags. Now I just have to wait 8 weeks.

Do you think those side curtain air bags come in a camo design for this folks that just love camo?...

Just wondering, :lol:

Don Monkeyboy