Signal lite flasher troubles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan Reed

Reaction score
This is not ST troubles

My son has a 2000 F!50 4x4

He recently installed LED tail lights and now signal lites flash very fast like in old days when you hooked a traler to a vehicle with a light duty flasher.

Can any one tell us where the flashers are located and if a heavy duty flasher will solve problem Thanks in advance

believe the flasher is up under the dash, somewhere between the e brake pedal and steering column, s/b a round one IIRC, don't know that a HD flasher will solve the problem as I think LED's work a bit different than normal bulbs.

I have LED turn signal bulbs. You need to buy a flasher that's made to accept LEDs. Some people will tell you to hook up resistors to simulate the load of regular light bulbs, but that's just a jury-rigged, half-assed fix.

Look for an electronic flasher at the parts store, rather than a thermal flasher. Since the LED's draw so little current, the thermal flashers don't heat up enough to give the correct flashing rate.

Latest posts