since I have the 18's on front end seems different

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris P

Reaction score
Since I have put the 18"304's on the truck, when going around turns or on bumps the car feels like it slides when i hits the bums, the rims are the 18x9 and they are on falken ziex tires 255/55r18, anyone can help?

The wider tire is causing the tire to "hop", The stock shocks cant Handel it, You have to upgrade the shocks, BUT a wider and larger tire will change the ride, normally for the worse..

Todd Z

Dam double click.:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that it is not necessarily the width of the new tires, but the profile. Them's some slim sidewalls. As a turn is initiated, the wheels turn and the tires follow. The delay between the two turning is slight and partially determined by the amount of sidewall there is to flex. Additionally, the sidewall provides some bump absorption and road conformance that is reduced along with the sidewall.

Then there is undoubtedly an increase in unsprung weight affecting the ability of the shock to stop motion.

All these combined - quicker steering response, less tire bump absorption, less road conformance, slower rebound - should be noticeable.

Think about the ride quality if there were only one inch of sidewall, then back that off some.