SiriusXM just turned my sat on..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S 3

Reaction score
so I bought my 2010 ST used, and at that time the satelite radio was not activated. today I get a letter letting me know that my sat radio has been enabled for a 3 month trial. I never contacted Sirius, so I'm not sure how they got my info, even my radio ID. Strange since I bought the truck used from a Dodge dealer...

Anyone else get a free trial?

The NSA wants to know your music preferences. More likely though Sirius got notified post-sale. It's just a solicitation in hopes that you'll subscribe.

I bought my 2010 ST from a Ford dealer last September. The satellite radio and the weather/traffic were already on during my test drive, and worked until mid-December; so that's about 3 months. In December, the radio expired, and I added it to my Sirius account with my other car and boat. The weather/traffic kept working for several months. I can't remember when it expired, but it was well into the spring.

I got free trials with my previous used cars (never buy new!) as well. Even when I bought the radio for my boat at Best Buy, I got a free three months on it.

But, I didn't get any communications from Sirius, and when I called it to fix the expired ST radio, they had no idea who owned the radio until I gave them the ID number.

Sirius is a typical example of US commerce: Hit or Miss. Some companies are squared away and really focus on the customer; USAA, Amazon and RockAuto come immediately to mind as Hits in my little world. My Sirius experience is mostly OK and I like it - but last time I had to call it was Phonetree Hell.

I got 3 months free trial when I bought my new 2008 Mercedes, and I have renewed it each year ever since.

In May I gave my 2002 Toyota Highlander to my daughter and leased a new 2013 Hyundai Tucson that came with the 3 month free trial of SiriusXM...yesterday, I just activated it for a full year

So now I have two vehicles with satellite radio and I love it. Hard to beat driving across Texas or across the country and never having to worry about losing your radio signal and having to look for another radio station.

...Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts